Re: Freedom of Information Requests

William Lorenzen wrote:

> What is the process for requesting information from the NRC under the freedom of
> information act?
>
> Is there a certain format and address for submission?
>
> Thanks
>
> lorenzen_w@a1.tch.harvard.edu

Group:
Here's a copy of my letter to DOE for FOIA material the only time I ever
asked. I remember following the instructions exactly, but I've lost
them. Anyway, this worked for me, but perhaps the NRC is different.
Please note that my address and telephone number have changed.

							Tuesday, July 19, 1994
							2130 Mountain Blvd. #105
							Oakland CA 94611-2903

Ms. Denise Diggin
FOIA Officer, USDOE
1000 Independence Avenue NW
Washington DC
20585

Re:  Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear Ms. Diggin:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

Pursuant to the provisions of the federal Freedom of Information Act, I
respectfully request a copy of the following document.

Title:  Proceeding of the Idaho Falls Health Physics Conference.
Date:  October 1952

The conference was organized under the auspices of the USAEC Division of
Biology and Medicine and the Director of the Division was Dr. Charles
Dunham.  Dr. Walter Claus was the Program Chair.  Forrest Western was a
speaker and probably an Assistant to Dr. Claus.  It is possible that
Gordon Dunning was involved.

The proceedings were published in a thin mimeographed report and the
presenters of papers at the conference each received a copy.

In order to help to determine my status to assess fees, you should know
that I am an individual seeking information for personal use and not for
a commercial use.

I am willing to pay fees for this request up to a maximum of $ 25.  If
you estimate that the fees will exceed this limit, please inform me
first.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

H Wade Patterson