RSO Position Available

Radsafers,

Please send any questions and/or your resume to the address listed on the
bottom,
not to me.  Thanks!

The following includes the text of a position announcement recently posted
to the Houston Chronicle and should not be considered a commercial
advertisement for services.

Halliburton Energy Services

  Houston, TX

  RADIATION SAFETY OFFICER

  Explore Unlimited Opportunity with a World Leader

  For almost 80 years, Halliburton has led the Oil and Gas
  Service Industry, pioneering many of the techniques and
  methods currently utilized throughout the industry.  The
  company continues to be an innovator and has an unrivaled
  array of Products and Services, ensuring that Halliburton
  has a unique standing in the market.  We are looking for
  the following team player for our Houston office, who can
  project 'Halliburton Professionalism' and who is eager to
  expand their practical knowledge.

  Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
  * Implement the Radiation Safety Program which includes
  research, development, manufacture, and use of generally
  licensed devices, loose radioactive tracers and well
  logging sources.
  * Conduct radioactive waste clean up, reduction, packaging,
  shipment, and disposal.
  * Responsible for accountability for over 6,000 radioactive
  sources.
  * Responsible for reviewing and developing operating
  procedures and training programs.
  * Responsible for specific duties outlined in TRCR 36.23(c)
  and equivalent NRC/agreement state regulations and the
  roles established in NUREG-1516.

  Job Specifications and Skills Requirements:
  * The ideal candidate has a BS or MS in
  Engineering/scientific discipline and 5 or more years'
  experience in activities in involving radioactive
  materials.
  * Experience in dealing with the NRC and agreement states,
  working with well logging sources, loose radioactive
  material, NORM, and developing and providing effective
  training are considered a plus.
  * Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and
  presentation skills.
  * Must be licensable by NRC and agreement states as a
  Radiation Safety Officer.

  Halliburton has a renowned Development Program which
  promotes opportunity based on achievement, and this,
  together, with our competitive compensation plan makes
  Halliburton "A Rewarding Place To Work."

  If you feel that you have the qualifications that we are
  seeking and you want to be part of 'Team Halliburton',
  please write, enclosing your current resume to:

  Halliburton Energy Services
  Employment Office
  PO Box Drawer 1431
  Duncan, OK 73536-0130
  E-mail: Jobs@halnet.com

  For more information please visit our home page at:

  www.Halliburton.com

  No phone calls or agencies, please.
  An Equal Opportunity Employer.

Jeffrey S Pettigrew                    Voice: 281.496.8319
Radiation Safety Officer                 Fax: 281.496.8394
Halliburton Energy Services
PO Box 42800,MS 8042
Houston, TX 77242-2800                jpettigrew@halnet.com
                                               or
                              esg.jeffpet@memo.halliburton.com
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
         1         2         3         4         5         6         7         8