Transportation of Wipes for Removable Contamination

Hello Radsafers,

 I am in need of some assistance from someone who is familiar with DOT
regulations for transportation of radioactive materials.

 I would like to be able to collect some wipes for removable contamination at
one location, and transport them to another location to be analyzed for the
presence of  beta and gamma emmitters.  The location in which the wipes would
be collected is a lab where H-3, C-14, S-35, P-32, I-125, and I-129 were
handled in small quantities in the past.  The lab has not been used for over
one year.

 While I do not expect there to be significant removable contamination on the
wipes I collect, I cannot quantitate that activity without transporting the
wipes to another location for analysis.  Any guidance which you can provide on
proper packaging and labeling of  this material (for transport in my car if
that's allowable) would be appreciated.

 PLEASE RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY, NOT TO THE ENTIRE RADSAFE LIST.

 Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

  Pamela Hubley
  Health and Safety Engineer
  Millipore Corporation
  EMAIL: pamela_hubley@millipore.com