Re: Smoke Detector

They are (generally ... I understand there are some "industrial sized"
exceptions) distributed under an NRC "E" license as exempt devices.
Once that has happened, there are no additional requirements, as they
are exempted from the rest of the regulations.

Wes

> Date sent:      Thu, 27 Mar 97 11:14:24 -0600
> Send reply to:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
> From:           xug2@rpi.edu (George Xu)
> To:             Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:        Smoke Detector

> Hi, Radsaferes,
>
> What is the NRC/state regulations or current practice involving used smoke
> detectors?  Any information would be appreciated.
>
> George Xu
> Email: xug2@rpi.edu

Wesley M. Dunn, CHP                        512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us