I131 Hospital Waste

Australian ionising substance regulations vary from state to state which
means that for a country of only 17million people means that there are a
handfull of regulations with no required consistancy.A truly daft situation!
What we do with I131 waste from hospital treatments is a good example of non
uniformity causing confusion and therfore I would be keen to know what other
regulators allow in terms of concentration levels entering public sewerage
systems and whether such levels are average or peak concentrations; are
decay holding tanks specified etc etc.
John Simpson
Chief Physicist
Townsville General Hospital