Transport of smears/swipes

Keith, since I had somewhat the same thought, your parting question
challenged me to finish the brief analysis required to determine the
answer.  The smears we use (Whatman 24 filters) weigh 0.1283 g (having just
weighed 70 of them, which I hope was the most dificult part of this task).
2 nCi/g  works out to be 564 dpm/filter, which in the DOE world is about
half the allowable removable contamination level on 100 sq.cm. for generic
beta/gamma contamination. (1000 dpm/100 sq.cm.)

I guess that's why we put ALL smears into the rad waste box.