Re[2]: X-Ray Vision Is Here

>I find this somewhat amazing (incredible?).
>3 microrem at 40 keV (a guess) represents about 3 E+4 photons per sq.cm.

I didn't notice the kV in the original post - but I'd guess about 150 kVcp.

Also I'd guess that the 3 microREM is one of those massaged "magic numbers"
like EDE which looks good since it is so much lower than the entrance
exposure - which is the number I'd like to see.

But - I'd also guess that the beam is highly attenuated with a rare earth
filter and that an edge contrast algorthym is used to enhance the image.

And - to keep Melissa happy and for those with CCMAIL ......

Ted de Castro
tdc@ehssun.lbl.gov
University of California Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
Bldg 90 Rm 0026B
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 486-5256
(510) 486-6939 - FAX