From:  dama[SMTP:dama@waterw.com]
Sent:  Monday, April 14, 1997 3:57 PM
To:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
Subject:  Anecdotes

I don't want to sound like a spoil sport, stick-in-the-mud, etc., but
the scenario that you described would have resulted in disciplinary
action at the nuclear power plant where I work and deal with real
incidents on a daily basis.  The NRC has levied violations for
similar pranks, e.g., someone placed a Sr-90 source in a co-workers
back pocket which the individual subsequently wore for part of their
shift.

Though there was no exposure in excess of federal or administrative
limits, the licensee was cited for failure to control licensed
material, inadequate surveys, etc.

I have been in this field for about 25 years and have had similar
"tricks" played on me.  I will try and post some of the ones that I
remember.
Dave Ruyter

dama@waterw.com