Re: Frontline Comment

Jonathan Dyer stated the following:

> This show demonstrated the ignorance of the general public in regards to
> radiation safety, and more importantly the POWER of that ignorance

This is a very true statement. What concerns me even more is the same
"ignorance in regards to radiation safety, and more importantly the
POWER of that ignorance" displayed by many who ARE part of the
nuclear worker establishment, be it medical workers, industrial
workers, etc., who have an inherent "FEAR" of radiation and do not
understand what a dose report is telling them. The dose could be 10
mreme or 5,000 mrem, it's all the same to them.  The most ludicrous
call I've received to date is one whereby an individual said they
were sending back the Control Badge that was sent to them, in a
separate plastic bag, because they did NOT want that thing near them
.. WE could match up their personnel badge to the Control Badge when
we received it. It was obvious that this individual expected that the
Control Badge was in fact irradiating them .... how pathetic!!!

If we, who are nuclear workers, can't understand what we are working
with, how do we expect the general public to?

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -