FEMA Survey meters -Reply

The info I have is a couple of weeks old.

There is no one to contact just yet. The details are still being worked out
- minor stuff, like whole going to pay for the shipping, storage and
inspection of thousands of instruments.

When the details have been worked out, I'm sure that there will be a
notice in the HPS Newsletter and on RADSAFE.

While a side window GM civil defense meter is better than nothing, there
are not a lot of great experiments that can be performed . However,
FEMA did put together some nice physics experiments that can be
performed with the electrometer circuits of civil defense ion chambers,
and some of those might also be available.

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORISE
framep@orau.gov