Re: Chernobyl first response

Dear Mike,

	It is also important to consider the practical problem of persons
having physical injury and open wounds and at the same time radioactive
contamination and possible radiation exposure from external sources. Staff
of hospitals to which such wounded may be evacuated must be cognizant of the
radiation problem and firemen must know about hospital plans for dealing
with such (rare) eventualities.

				Michael Quastel MD PhD, Head,
				Institute of Nuclear Medicine
				Soroka Medical Center