Radioiodination

Dear Radsafers,

I should be most grateful if you could provide me with answers for the
following questions:

1. What are the general precautions for handling I-125?

2. How to minitor the air discharge from the fume hood?

3. How often is the TEDA filter be monitored and exchanged?

4. At what level of I-125 activity that thyroid uptake test should be
conducted?

5. What is the best time for the thyroid uptake test?
   (e.g., immediately after experiment, or some time later)

6. How to conduct a thyroid uptake test?

Paul M.W. Chan, Ph.D
Health Physicist
Hong Kong University of Scienec and Technology
Hong Kong

Tel: (852) 2358 6535 Fax: (852) 2335 0074
E-mail: IN%"eomwchan@usthk.ust.hk"