Acceptable P-32 monitoring methods

Radsafers:

I am interested in obtaining an estimate of  the percentage of radiation
safety offices that require workers to use portable monitoring instruments
 (such as GM counters) while working with P-32 in biological laboratories.
  I'm aware that at some institutions swipes are accepted as an alternative
 means for detecting P-32 contamination.

Please, let me know if portable monitoring instruments are the only method
accepted for P-32 monitoring at your institution, or
if either portable monitoring instruments or LSC swipes are accepted.

Also, I will like to know what is an (NRC) acceptable reference to calculate
skin doses from beta contamination.  In the past, I used  Varskin Mod 2, and
tables from the paper titled "Beta Ray Dose Distributions from Skin
Contamination" by Cross, Freedman and Wong (Rad Prot Dosim 40.3, 1992, pp
149-16).

Please send your response directly to my e-mail address shown below, or to
Radsafe if you think other radsafers may
benefit from the information.

I will appreciate your participation,

 -Rene

Rene Michel, Health Physicist