Atmospheric dispersion models

     Here are some commonly used atmospheric dispersion models that I know
     about:

     MicroAirdos
     CAP88-PC
     GENII
     COMPLY

     MicroAirdos is a very flexible code from John Till, co-author of
     'Radiological Assessment', and pioneer on the dose reconstruction
     studies at Hanford and other sites.  Dr. Till's email address is:
     JohnTill@aol.com

     CAP88-PC (my code) is available on the Web at:
     http://www.er.doe.gov/production/esh/cap88pc.html

     It uses the usual Gaussian dispersion model, to predict dose and risk
     for populations out to 80 km.  It has all the limitations the Gaussian
     model does.  I have over 1,000 registered users for CAP88-PC.

     GENII was written by Bruce Napier at PNL; his email address is
     Bruce.Napier@pnl.gov.  It was originally designed specifically for
     Hanford and is a very useful model, with many more options than
     CAP88-PC has.  The CAP88-PC and GENII models compare favorably; a
     good reference is:

     Maheras, S.J.; Ritter, P.D.; Leonard, P.R.; and Moore, R.
     Benchmarking of the CAP-88 and GENII computer codes using 1990 and
     1991 monitored atmospheric releases from the Idaho National
     Engineering Laboratory, Health Phys. 67:509-517; November 1994.

     COMPLY is an EPA screening model for estimating upper bounds for
     doses from releases to air.  It is based on NCRP commentary number
     3.  Dale Hoffmeyer at EPA is the contact for COMPLY; his email
     address is HOFFMEYER.DALE@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV

     I hope this helps!

     Barry Parks
     US Dept. of Energy