Personal Air Samplers (PAS)

     This message is in response to Bratvold's and Hamrick's

     When I worked at CRNL (now CRL) in the 1980's, it was accepted
     protocol that a breathing zone PAS was necessary to limit the exposure
     to recycled fuel materials.

     References to our work are "Personal Air Sampling at an Experimental
     Fuel Fabrication Line" pp 349-355 in PNL-SA-14225, Conf-8510235 UC-41
     and "A Review of CRNL's use of Personal Air Samplers for Exposure
     Evaluation in a Recycle Fuel Fabrication Laboratory" pp 97-100 in RPD
     Vol 26 (1989).

        John R Johnson, PhD
        Scientist Emeritus, HPD/PNNL
        MS K3 53