Subject: Re: MREs
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu> at INTERNET
Date:    5/30/97 5:00 PM

I had occasion to sample MREs at lunchtime for about a three-week period.
I was surprised at how palatable these things were.  I even had favorites
among the dozen or so choices.  I, too, would like to know if they are
irradiated for preservation.  As for how to obtain them, I think I would
try first at a military surplus store, then a base PX.

T. Welty