Errata in Internal Radiation Dosimety Book

     As the author of Chapter 24 in the 1994 Health Physics Society Summer
     School textbook, Internal Radiation Dosimetry, I feel a disturbing
     obligation to point and admit to an equation error.  For those of you
     who have the text, equation 24-1 on page 535 contains a transposition
     in the middle of the equation, the parenthetical difference of
     exponentials term.  The factors ke,Am and ke,Pu are reversed:  if you
     just change the Am to Pu, and the Pu to Am in that one place, the
     equation will be correct.

     The equation is an adaptation of the Bateman equation for serial decay
     applied to a single physiological compartment model for Am-241
     ingrowth from Pu-241.  I'd reproduce the equation properly here, but
     I'm afraid I'd type it wrong again!

     Thanks to Carlo-Maria Castellani of the ENEA-Institute for Radiation
     Protection in Bologna, Italy, for pointing this out to me.  It was
     gratifying to know someone critically read what I wrote.  It was
     dismaying that it took 3 years for someone to do it.

     I regret any inconvenience this may have caused anyone, and will now
     slink back into the relative obscurity of my cyberspace.

     Gene Carbaugh
     eh_carbaugh@pnl.gov