Re: Dean Edell Takes up Hormesis

Joel Cehn wrote:

> I happened to listen to Dr. Dean Edell's radio show today.  He read a fax
> from "Ron" dealing with the long life spans of Japanese survivors in the
> lowest dose group.  He didn't use the word "hormesis," but what he described
> was the same thing--and he called it feasible!!
>
> Who is this "Ron?"  Please come forward and post what you sent to Dr. Dean.
> =-=-=  Joel
> JCehn@worldnet.att.net

Obviously I'm not Ron, but he's not the only one who has described
"hormesis", and called it real (feasible).

Please take a moment and carefully read this excerpt from UNSCEAR 94.

United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation.
Sources and effects of ionizing radiation. 1994 Report to the General
Assembly, with scientific annexes. E.94.1X.11 United Nations. New York
1994
Excerpted from the report:
There are extremely high numbers of spontaneous mutations. There are
adaptive responses to radiation that, until they diminish with age, very
effectively prevent, repair, and remove spontaneous and environmental
mutations. Contrary to their suppression by high-dose radiation, these
effectively and decrease the risks of mortality and cancer.

And, UNSCEAR is still not alone. The literature is full of "hormetic"
papers.

I will post citations to such papers and to other interesting work from
time to time.

Best wishes to all,
--
Wade