RE: Radiation Leaks at Russian Research Center

Even the Laramie Daily Boomerang (our local paper) carried a front-page
blurb about this from the AP service. It said a Russian Physicist was
struck by a beam of "radioactive neutrons." I had to chuckle. My wife
didn't know what was so funny, so I had to go into the explanation
"...well, neutrons are a form of radiation, but the particles themselves
aren't 'radioactive.'...You see, radioactivity is the spontaneous
disintegration of unstable atoms... oh, never mind."

No wonder Health Physicists have a communication problem.