Re: The Standard-Setting Process

Otto G. Raabe wrote:

> June 18, 1997
>
> Dear Wade:
>
> Your comments about the important 1975 paper by William Mayneord
> and Roger Clarke (now ICRP chairman and NRPB Director) and its conclusion
> that the linear-no-threshold model is unlikely are in sharp contrast to
> Roger Clarke's statements at the IRPA meeting in Vienna in 1996 during which
> he stated that people who do not accept the universality of the linear model
> are somewhat intellectually challenged.
>
> Otto

Dear Otto:
If, as you imply, I'm intellectually challenged, I'm not alone in my
belief that standard-setting groups have overlooked and manipulated data
as well as used circular reasoning to justify their LNT assumption.
It seems to me that Roger Clarke has changed his mind. On what evidence
I'm not sure.
Perhaps you will explain what has happened.
Best wishes,
--
Wade

mailto:hwade@triax.com