> Von: Mark Linsley <linsley@mail.sep.bnl.gov>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Creative uses for Contaminated Lead
> Datum: Donnerstag, 19. Juni 1997 22:52
>
> We've received a request for suggestions on possible uses for lead vinyl
> product that had already been fabricated using the contaminated lead
> previously discussed on RADSAFE.  A manufacturer of the thin lead vinyl
> sheets has 3 foot wide rolls of the product and is very interested in
> finding alternative uses for the material, before they have to pay for
> disposal.  They apparently have several tons of the product.  The company
> that had sold them the lead had agreed to accept any contaminated lead
back,
> but not the end product.
>
> Any and all suggestions welcome.  Please respond to the address below, or
> RADSAFE if you think others may benefit from the suggestion.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark E. Linsley
> Brookhaven National Laboratory
>
> linsley@mail.sep.bnl.gov
> 516-344-3556

Mark,

These lead vinyl sheets could be easily used in areas with enhanced dose
rates for shielding purposes. The sheets can obviously be bent into any
desired geometry, cut into any size. This might in a lot of cases involving
beams of ionising radiation (X-ray machines, accelerators) be very
convenient.

Just my imagination.

Franz