Re[2]: PI with I-131 Treatment and Immediate Return to Work

     Al, and others
        Your probably absolutely right, the "Exposure" received is
     meaningless.
        The problem is most certainly one of contamination. Some of us, in
     the Nuclear Power Industry, would have to restrict this individual to
     a 'No Access' situation as our exit monitors are set low enough (for
     good industry practice of "PROPER" rad-material control) (2.25 nCi per
     zone, <50 nCi total surface) that this person and anyone in contact
     (toilet seat, phone, etc.) with them would not be able to leave
     without major decontamination efforts and reams of documentation.
        We require that ALL rad-med patients report to us(the
     H.P.Staff)after the procedure and periodically thereafter until we
     deem they are 'clean' enough to re-enter the station.
        We simply choose not to deal with this carelessness from the
     radio-med industry at our exit point(s). Better to keep them out
     entirely.

     Jim Wren, RPT
     DNPS
     drejz@ccmail.ceco.com

     This is only the simple opinion of a R.P.Tech that has been down this
     road for 23 years, and it is still very bumpy with many blind curves.