Japanese atom bomb survivor study

June 27 issue of Chronicle of Higher Education reports a Japanese
study of the bomb survivors that shows,  in addition to the
cancer incidents, a higher rate of non-cancer effects
(cardiovascular, early menopause in women, etc) in populations
exposed to radiation compared to a control group. Curiosly, at least
to me, it does not mention the life expectencies of either group.

I was wondering if any one in this group knows more about this study
and would like to comment.

Shailendra Shukla
Shailendra Shukla, Ph.D.
VA & University of Florida