Pu Hot Particle Survey Design

Hello Radsafers,
	I am designing a verification survey plan for contaminated coral at
Johnston Atoll.  We plan to scan the surface to look for the particles.  The
question is how to, if possible, conduct sampling for the tiny particles that
is statistical defensible.  Has anyone done any work like this?
	Our idea to determine the maximum number of allowable particles in the
coral is to back-calculate from an allowable lung dose.  This will give us a
starting point for the survey design.

Thanks in advance.

CPT Rynders

My opinion is my own and does not reflect upon DSWA, the Army, and DOD.