Soc. Sec. # on Official Records

RadSafers:

It has been our normal practice to include workers' social security numbers
on each of their official records such as training records...

Lately, more and more people are questioning the need for such inclusion, I
guess, by fear of misuse (read fraudulent use).  Some people asked why
can't we use some other  ID number, such as Driver's License #...

If any of you have run into the same situation, I would be grateful if you
could share your experience and how you handled it.  Do you include SS# on
every piece of record or just once for each personnel file?

Is there a regulatory requirement to include SS# on training records? I
remember seeing it but could not locate any. Any reference help here would
also be appreciated.

Quang Le
"qmle@icnpharm.com"