Bioassay Certification Requirements/Guidance

Hello Radsafers:

I am hoping that someone can help me with the following:

1.  Does anyone know what certifications are required to perform the analysis
of in vitro bioassays for the determination of internal dose?  What
organization(s) issue these certifications (if any)?

2.  Other than Regulatory Guide 8.9, are there any guidance documents issued
concerning bioassay analysis from the NRC/DOE?  (I know DOE is considering a
certification program in its revision to 10CFR835)

3.  What companies currently provide these services commercially and what is
the approximate turnaround time?

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.  Unless it would benefit
Radsafe, please email me or call me directly.

Thank you,

Mitchell Davis, RRPT
American Radiation Services, Inc.
amradinc@aol.com