Ohio PHC meeting 7/10 on 3701-38-21

Dear Ohio Colleagues,

        The Ohio Public Health Council will "further consider" revised OAC
rule 3701-38-21 regarding radioactive material licensing, fees, and
inspections.  If approved, the revised rule goes to the JCARR and could
become regulation by 8/29.  The meeting is not a public hearing, however, I
have been informed by Jackie Vermillion of ODOH Legal Services that the
council may permit public comment.

        In the absence of the MWC LLW site do we still want/need the state
to go forward with agreement state status?  My personal opinion is "NO".  If
we do not want agreement state status we should make every effort to block
the establishment of a state licensing/fee/inspection structure intended to
support agreement state status.  Please, attend the meeting yourself or send
representatives.

Sincerely,

Douglas M.D. Frye, Ph.D., DABMP, DABR

Clinical Medical Physicist		Assistant Professor
Dept. of Radiology			Dept. of Radiology
MetroHealth Medical Center		Case Western Reserve University

2500 MetroHealth Dr.
Cleveland, Ohio	44109-1998
dfrye@metrohealth.org
(216)778-4434