My Radium Dial

Dear Radsafers

It's an old chestnut, but any information on this please?

I have in my possession my father's old WWII British army wrist watch.
This has a radium-226 painted dial. For my own interest I would love to
know the activity that was used in these watch dials. The back of the
watch, as well as the usual, swiss/waterproof/non-magnetic, has the
letters A.T.P. and number Q3244 engraved on it, as well as the name
Bravingtons. Any ideas?

Incidentally the watch works, keeps brilliant time, glows in the dark,
looks cool, and makes a great prop for radiation safety lectures. Also
the anti-LNT groups will be glad to know that I wore the watch (no pun
intended) during most of my early teens and enjoyed great health. 25
years on and I still do! (I wonder if the person who painted the dial
was so fortunate?!)

Cheers All,

Andy Hancock
Charing Cross Hospital, London