> Von: Jean-Michel Mure <jm.mure@andra.fr>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Tritium from Chernobyl
> Datum: Donnerstag, 10. Juli 1997 20:16
>
> Hello Radsafers,
>
> When looking at the list of  radionuclides released during the Chernobyl
> accident, I was surprised tritium was not mentionned. Can someone confirm
> this absence ?
> Would it be rather the low amount of tritium released plus its low
> radiotoxicity that could explain the fact that it is not listed OR is it
> that there was no tritium released ?
>
> Thanks
> Jean-Michel MURE
> ANDRA
> DSU/SR/Radiological Protection and Environmental Surveillance
> Parc de la Croix Blanche
> 1-7, rue Jean Monnet
> 92298 CHATENAY MALABRY Cedex
> FRANCE
> Tel : (1) 46 11 83 74
> Fax : (1) 46 11 80 13
> Email : jm.mure@andra.fr
> Dear Jean-Michel,

Actually the tritium activities released during the Chernobyl accident were
very low. Some values published were wrong, because I-131, Cs-137, I-132,
Te-132 etc. were present in the samples used to determine tritium. So
compared with the other emissions tritiuim was really low. Not to talk
about the low radiotoxicity of tritium....

Franz