Re: Thalium Stress Test (fwd)

Please, GO TO  Radiation Exposure Around Patients after Administration of
Tc-99m-DPR or Tl-201-Chloride
Ernst Havlik (Dept. of Biochemical Engineering and Physics, Univ. of Vienna)
and L. Boltzmann-Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Vienna
A. Kurttaran and J. Preitffelner (Dept. of Nuclear Medicine, Univ. Clinic
Vienna)

IRPA9 - 1966 International Congress on Radiation Protection, April 14-19,
Vienna, Austria
Volume 3, page 351/353

They describe several examples due to cardiac investigation, and present
figures, doses and conclusions.

"As a result even under very restrictive assumptions the dose to the
environment caused by "radiating" patients are far below the limits set by
radiation protection regulations. There is no necessity to separate patients
from other patients in a special waiting area after the administration of
the radioactive agents. This result is confirmed  by studies of other
researching groups, Ref. [2,3]"

If you do not have or not find the procedures, please let me know, I'll send
by Fax

Regards, Rozental

"J.J.Rozental"<josrozen@netvision.net.il>
Consultant, Radiation Safety and Regulation
for developing countries, Israel