Re[2]: Dosimetry Vendors

     Someone said:  (no name came across with the message I got)

     >Subject: RE: Dosimetry Vendors
     >Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet-Mail
     >Date:    7/22/97 11:20 AM

     >spoken like a true salesman (excuse me salesperson).

     Due to the above un-professional response, I will post my personal
     reply that I sent to the initiator of this request about ICN.

     Sandy has been my friend and colleague for a long time, and has my
     utmost respect..............

     Hi,

     I have very little experience with ICN.  We used their finger rings
     for a few years before we started processing them in-house.  We now
     process all of our dosimetry in-house.

     I am writing to you because I know Sandy Perle personally, and he is
     the manager of the dosimetry division of ICN.  Sandy was my first boss
     almost 20 years ago.  He left FPL last year after another
     reorganization to take over ICN's dosimetry division.

     Sandy set up the dosimetry program here and I feel he knows exactly
     what the customer needs and is very customer oriented.  FPL has two
     nuclear stations with a badging population of about 5000 or more
     personnel per year.  Sandy is also a NVLAP evaluator - who travels to
     other dosimetry processors and evaluates their programs against the
     NVLAP standards.  (Although I don't know if he continues to do so, now
     that he is working in his current capacity).  So you wouldn't be
     dealing with someone who is out of touch with what you want and need.
     He is someone who has actually done this work with his own hands, and
     knows the business full circle.  Sandy is a fine person and I think
     the quality of service you would get from him would only be the best
     there is to get.

     He contributes regularly to RADSAFE, so you will probably hear from
     him personally.

     Anyways, I thought I would send you a note to give you some insight
     that you may not otherwise receive..

     Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions....

     Julie Shafer
     Dosimetry Supervisor
     Florida Power & Light
     Turkey Point Nuclear Station