Subject: I had to share this News Story
Author:  Judd Sills <sillsj@GAT.COM> at Internet
Date:    7/22/97 10:12

New Bulgarian Beer Reportedly Effective Against Radiation

 Source: Xinhua

 Xinhua via Individual Inc. : SOFIA (July 20) XINHUA - A prominent
Bulgarian brewing
 expert has reportedly come up with a new formula for beer against harmful
radiational
 effects on humans.

 Yordan Platikanov, the inventor, devised the formula for the Lomsko Pivo
Brewery of
 Lom, in northwestern Bulgaria, the Bulgarian newspaper Troud reported today.

 Made of herb and mineral water, the new type of beer could neutralize the
content of
 strontium and uranium 134 left by radiation in the human body, said the
report.

 The research on the beer, which is alcohol-free, was funded by Bulgaria's
defense and
 health ministries, and the final product could be for workers at nuclear
power plants.

 [07-21-97 at 13:46 EDT, Copyright 1997, Comtex]
Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |