Re: Document Search

At 06:10 PM 7/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Could someone direct me to a URL/source for downloading/obtaining the
>following:
>
>1.  The latest NUREG or Reg Guide that results from NUREG-1500 for
>implementation of the final rule 10 CFR 20 Subpart E Dated 21 July 1997.
>
>2.  NUREG/CR-5512, October, 1992 - "Residual Radioactive Contamination for
>Decommissioning."
>
>3.  Software being developed by NRC based on NUREG/CR-5512.
>
>4.  PNL-7409, Vol. 3, 1992 -  "Statistical Methods for Evaluating the
>Attainment of Cleanup Standards, Vol. 3: Reference-Based Standards for
>Soils and Soil Media."
>

>I would appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance!
>
>Shane Brightwell
>Health Physicist
>Shepherd Miller, Inc.
>mailto:sbrightwell@shepmill.com

I don't believe that you have any ready tools from the NRC to grab yet.
NUREG/CR-5512-V1 was issued in October 1992 in support of the early thoughts
on what the final rules for decommissioning would look like.  The computer
models
were supposed to be developed by PNL also, but I don't believe that
has been completed.  The models in NUREG-5512 were similar to those developed
by the DOE in the RESRAD code, and I believe that the NRC has supported use of
this established code for the same purposes.  That code has been available
(I believe at no cost) from DOE for quite some time.  I don't believe
that there are any regulatory guides that support the 7/21/97 Federal
Register Notice on final rulemaking as yet, either.  MARSSIM, a joint
NRC/EPA/DOE Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual
was issued in draft form as NUREG 1575 in December 1996, but is still in
the comment stage.  NTIS would be the source for all NUREGs, as they
are not available for download any where that I know of due to their
size.

Best regards
Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |