Re: Patient release criteria (Reg Guide 8.39)

I'll ask some questions, showing my ignorance related to release of
patients undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic uptake studies or
implants. Is the Reg. Guide considered regulatory in nature? In
other words, have you incorporated the Reg. Guide into your License
and procedures? The last question has to do with the dose rate. Does
the Reg. Guide state a dose rate PER hour, or, does it state a dose
IN an hour, i.e., 5 mrem/hr is not the same as 5 mrem in an hour. Can
occupancy factors be incorporated to determine that the probablility
of an individual being exposed to an individual with the implant will
not realistically exceed the dose threshold. I would be interested in
what the specific requirements are, and, what assumptions a facility
MAY consider when releasing or not.

Thanks for any information.

------------------
Sandy Perle