Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:11:23 -0600
From: sbrightwell@shepmill.com (Shane Brightwell)
Subject: Document Search

Could someone direct me to a URL/source for downloading/obtaining the following:

1.  The latest NUREG or Reg Guide that results from NUREG-1500 for
implementation of the final rule 10 CFR 20 Subpart E Dated 21 July 1997.

The Reg Guide for the final rule is scheduled to be sent to the Commission in late
February, 1998.  We hope to have sections available on-line for review and comment
in the next few months.  The URL will be posted here when it is established.
Associated NUREGs will also be posted electronically if possible.

2.  NUREG/CR-5512, October, 1992 - "Residual Radioactive Contamination for
Decommissioning."
3.  Software being developed by NRC based on NUREG/CR-5512.

The DandD software which implements the models described in NUREG/CR-5512,
Volume 1, has been available as an interim release since July 1996.  The
Windows-based software contains some modifications to the original models and
corrections to equations and decay chains described in the NUREG.  The release is
considered interim until the NRC finalizes the default parameter values.  Much of the
NUREG/CR-5512 Volume 1 text is incorporated in the software as help files.  If you
would like to obtain a copy of the software, send your name and address to Chris
Daily at cxd@nrc.gov.  (Please only request the software if you really are interested
in using it - we have to copy the disks ourselves [in our spare time] :).

4.  PNL-7409, Vol. 3, 1992 -  "Statistical Methods for Evaluating the
Attainment of Cleanup Standards, Vol. 3: Reference-Based Standards for
Soils and Soil Media."

The work in this document was further developed in draft NUREG-1505, "A
Nonparametric Statistical Methodology for the Design and Analysis of Final Status
Decommissioning Surveys", which is available from the NRC (fax requests
(301)415-2260) or the Government Printing Office (202)512-1800.  The final
NUREG-1505 is expected to be available by the end of this year.

I would appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance!

Shane Brightwell
Health Physicist
Shepherd Miller, Inc. mailto:sbrightwell@shepmill.com
<<<<<<<<<<<(end of reply by cxd)

Duane W. Schmidt
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards
Division of Waste Management
Uranium Recovery Branch
e-mail: dws2@nrc.gov