Re: HPS Membership

There seems to be a lot of hulabulloo over a simple observation of the fact
that a person identified as a 'top radiation safety officer' was not a
member or the HPS nor a CHP.  Given his apparent interest in radiation
protection, it would seem he should be professionally active.  If people
choose to interpret this a condemnation of the individual, they are wrong.
Many things that we HP's -- both certified and noncertified -- have
overlooked have been identified by lay persons, including members of what we
often call anti-nuclear groups.  What this individual has pointed out needs
to be judged on its merits.

Let's not jump to conclusions and read far more into a simple observation
than was there.

Ron Kathren