Ask a Health Physicist service

Hi All,

We are trying an experimental service,  On-line Ask a Health Physicist

The basic plan is that someone asks a question at our web site, using a
question form. The form is then translated into e-mail, and mailed to a
list of people. One person from the mailing list can then claim the
question, and answer it. In addition to the person who asked the
question, our system can store the answers, and create a  FAQ
data-base. While we can not control who asks the questions, it is aimed at
the answering questions from general public and students.

We have been testing the service for a while, and would like to know if
anyone else would like to be on the list. (i.e., asking for volunteers)

During the summer, we may get a few questions a week. Maybe one a day
during the school year. If this works, we can increase the visibility
of the question form, even do a little advertising of it. The questions
cover a wide spectrum of information.

We have a web form for new volunteers to fill out at:

  http://beauty.engin.umich.edu/newvol.html

Eric Wagner is the head honcho for the project (wagnerer@umich.edu), and
he can be contacted for more information or visit:

http://beauty.engin.umich.edu/

All the volunteers will be reviewed by our web committee, and depending on
how many folks we get, you'll be notified.

To get some idea of what we are talking about, there is a Ask a Medical
Physicist service at:

  http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/~empw/ask1.html

And we have a list of Ask a _____ services at the bottom of:

http://www.sph.umich.edu/group/eih/UMSCHPS/science.htm