Re: HPS Objective

> >One of the most egregious historical examples, from a total
> >radiation exposure standpoint, is the past use of shoe store
> >fluoroscopes.
>
> Because of the use of
> shoe-fitting fluoroscopes, some people lost fingers, some people lost
> legs.

I've seen the above comment before, but I've never been able to find any
documentation to back it up. Given the exposure estimates for the machines,
and assumming that tissue damage of this sort would have a large dose-rate and
"fractionation effect", I'm rather skeptical of tissue injury.  The gonadal
dose, on the other hand, could have been well above background rates.

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)