Re: Cabinet X-ray Systems

At 05:10 PM 8/16/97 -0500, Dan Marx wrote:
>What are the current radiation protection regs regarding Cabinet X-ray
>Systems, one that would be an "Enclosed System".  I am familiar with the
>old NBS handbooks, which are about 25 years old.  Is there anything more
>current?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>dan
>

>DAN L. MARX
>HEALTH PHYSICIST
>BAKER COLLEGE
>FLINT MI
>dmarx01@baker.edu
FDA regulates the manufacturing and distribution of x-ray systems.
However, the use of cabinet and other x-ray systems, other than by the US
government, is regulated by the states.  State radiation regulatory
agencies will supply the current requirements in a state.
ELI.A.PORT, CHP, CIH, P.E.
RSSI
VOICE: 847.965.1999 24X7
FAX:   847.965.1999