Re: Radiation exposure on inter-continental flights

Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien
AUSTRIA
Tel./Fax: +43-1-4955308
Mobiltel.: +43-664-3380333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

----------
> Von: Bjorn Sandstrom <sandstrom@ume.foa.se>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Radiation exposure on inter-continental flights
> Datum: Donnerstag, 14. August 1997 18:15
>
> During the latest Radiation Research Society meeting someone mentioned
> figures for the increase in radiation exposure during inter-continental
> flights. I have a lecture on radiation effects to air personnel coming up
> and I would appreciate the help of someone who knows the figures or where
> can easily find them.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dr. Bjorn Sandstrom
> FOA
> S-901 82 Umea, Sweden

Hej,

There were papers in Health Physics - I suppose they are the ones mentioned
by other radsafers. There was a presentation at the NRE V in Salzburg
(Natural Radiation Environment) some years ago about research conducted in
cooperation with Lufthansa. Recently the Swedish Radiation Protection
Institute (SSI) published a report on radiation doses from domestic flights
- I do not remember the exact title, but it should be easy for you to find
it.

Med vänlig hälsning fran Österrike till Umea

Franz