Personal Monitoring Film

I have a problem with numbering our personal monitoring films.
For various reasons too long winded to go into, we sometimes still use
AGFA personal monitoring films.  The small 3 x 4 cm films are placed in a
film holder containing various filters.  The holder includes an open
window area that, among other things, allows the films serial number to
The serial numbers are mechanically stamped on to the film so that it
leaves both the ink number on the outside AND a pressure mark of the
number actually on the film.

The problem is our rather old film stamping machine isn't working all that
well and we would like to replace it.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a replacement machine?

or

Does anyone know of a better way marking films with a unique id?

Ian Napier
NRPB
+44 (0)113 267 9041
ian.napier@nrpb.org.uk