3701-84

Dear Ohio Colleagues,

        We've successfully contacted a knowledgeable member of the DOH
Bureau of Quality Assesment and Improvement.  First, all LINAC and Cobalt
radiotherapy services and gamma knife radiosurgery services are required to
report events occuring since 3/1/97 meeting the criteria under 3701-84-71
within 15 days of occurence.  The self attestation is not related to events
under 3701-84-71.  Second, further questions regarding 3701-84-71 were
refered to M. Wanchick @ the DOH Radiologic Technology Section.  If you have
specific questions we urge you to contact DOH.  If you have questions
regarding our experience please contact myself or Dr. Surendra Rustgi
<srustgi@metrohealth.org>.
Douglas M.D. Frye, Ph.D., DABMP, DABR

Clinical Medical Physicist		Assistant Professor
Dept. of Radiology			Dept. of Radiology
MetroHealth Medical Center		Case Western Reserve University

2500 MetroHealth Dr.
Cleveland, Ohio	44109-1998
dfrye@metrohealth.org
(216)778-4434