History Query- Nunn-May

A query for the historians among you.

Conflicting memories exist here at McMaster concerning the isotope stolen
by Nunn-May from Chalk River just prior to his attempt to defect to
Russia. A biography in preparation states that it was Pu-239; there is
anecdotal information from a researcher at McMaster that it was actually
U-233. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could provide me with
definitive information concerning this matter.

A reply directly to me would be most appropriate as it is not of general
interest.
John Harvey | McMaster University Senior Health Physicist | NRB-110 (905)
525-9140 ext 24226 | 1280 Main St. W.  harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca |
Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1