Fwd: KVP MEASUREMENT/DEFINITION

I'd love a universal set of technique factors too.  Has anyone thought of a
way
around any of the following problems?

While it's true that the x-ray spectrum integrated over the exposure time
together
with tube current contains all the information needed to describe what come
out of
the x-ray tube, technique factors also depend on the age of an intensifying
screen
or II phosphor as well as its properties when new, etc.

Additionally, the spectrum depends on more than the type of generator,
target and filtration.  The ripple on one of our high frequency generators
depends
substantially on tube current as well (slightly different HVL).  Different HF
generators
rise (and overshoot or undershoot) to the HV at different rates at beam on.
This depends on another kind of quality -
the quality of your service personnel.  It also means that the spectrum
integrated
over the exposure is different for a short exposure than a long one
(splitting hairs now).