X-rays on Human Subjects for Research

Dear Colleagues:

	I am interested in your philosophies on giving x-rays to human subjects
only for the purpose of research (development of athletic injuries,
determination of visceral fat, etc.).   Would you consider these procedures
preventative medicine?  Does your Advisory Committee on Human Subjects
submit these proposals to a Medical Committee or the Radiation Safety
Committee for review.  What guidelines have been adopted by your
institutions as acceptable?  What do you include in the consent form?  Do
these experiments differ in your opinion from the radioactive materials
experiments with human subjects years ago?   I would value your time, and
welcome your personal replies.  Thank you!
Michael
Michael Lemon
Radiation Safety Officer
Environment Health and Safety