chance to speak informally, enjoy their coffee, and visit the vendor
displays.  The agenda for this meeting follows.

BIG 10 RSO MEETING AGENDA

Monday, September 15, 1997
8:30		Opening Remarks, Robert Peterson, RSO, Ohio State University
8:45		The Future of Health Physics, Dr. Paul Ziemer (Purdue 		University)
9:30-10:00	Break
10:00 - 12:00	Attendee Roundtable Discussion and Exchange of Information
12:00-1:30	Lunch and informal discussion
1:30		A University RSO's Perspective of the 1997 Radiation Protection
Manager's Meeting, Susan Langhorst (University of Missouri)
2:00		A Two-Level Approach to Radiation Safety Training, Kristin 		Erickson
(Michigan State University)
2:30-3:00	Break
3:00		Fun, Interactive Conputer-Based Radiation Safety Training, 		Susan
Unger (Pharmacia & Upjohn Company) and James Wierowski 		(MJW Corporation)
3:30		DOT Issues at the University of Cincinnati
4:00		End of First Day
5:00-8:00	Dinner at OSU Golf Course, Courtesy of ICN

Tuesday, September 16, 1997
8:30		Communicating with the Public and the Media, Audeen Fentiman 		(Ohio
State University)
9:00		Restructuring a Large Sealed Source Accountability Program, 		Vincent
Burkes (Ohio State University)
9:30		Sewer Disposal and Solubility of Radioactive Materials
10:00-10:30	Break
10:30		Resurrecting a Troubled LLRW Program at Ohio State University,
Andrew Karam (Ohio State University)
11:00		Lesson learned by ACURI on LLRW Management & Disposal Issues, 		John
Vincenti (Appalachian Compact Users of Radioisotopes)
11:30		A Portable Instrumentation Calibration Database, Kristin 		Erickson
(Michigan State University)
12:00-1:30	Lunch and informal discussion
1:30		The New I-131 Patient Release Criteria, Robert Peterson and 		Stephen
Marsh (Ohio State University)
2:00		I-131 Therapy for Treatment of Hyperthyroid Cats, Deborah Smith
(Purdue University)
2:30-3:00	Break
3:00		Quarterly NRC Inspections:  A University RSO's Perspective, 		Kristin
Erickson (Michigan State University)
3:30		ISOCS - A New Tool for Practical In Situ Gamma Spectroscopy, 		David
Groff (Canberra)
4:00		End of Second Day
5:00		Pizza and Beverages at the Conference Center

Wednesday, September 17, 1997

8:30		Alternate Methods of Obtaining Information for the Release of
Legacy	LLRW Burial Sites, Andrew Karam (Ohio State University)
9:00-11:00	NRC Comments on the Decontamination and Decommissioning
Timeliness Rule, Requirements for the Submission of D&D Plans, 		and Legacy
LLRW Burial Sites, Michael McCann (US NRC)
11:00		Closing Remarks, Meeting Summary, Robert Peterson (Ohio State
University)
11:30		Meeting Ends

If any presentors notice that we have made an error, please let us know!

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP (karam.1@osu.edu)
Office of Radiation Safety
The Ohio State University
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212

Phone: (614) 292-1284   Fax: (614) 292-6404	Alt fax:   292-7002