Re: Increased coal use in Canada due to 7 N.P. Plants shut down

 Cristian Nicolau stated the following:

> It has to be mentioned that is the first time the "greens" are not
> applauding a NPP shutdown. Maybe it's only my feeling but are they
> moving to understand the benefits of the nuclear power generation? I
> think the moment has to be speculated and bring (again) the
> incontestable advantages of the nuclear power into the public atention.

Actually, Greenpeace did applaud the shutting down of the 7 reactors.
This is what was published regarding Ontario Hydro's decision:

>The environmental group Greenpeace lauded the company for shutting the
``dangerous'' nuclear reactors, but criticized it for filling the gap
by using three fossil-fuel plants. Greenpeace says emissions from such
plants will grow by 300 to 400 percent. <

Regards,

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director