mushrooms and plutonium

Some good news regarding the plutonium myth:

A recent local news broadcast in Columbus mentioned some Clevelanders who
became very ill from eating mushrooms picked in their backyards.  The
reporter named the toxin involved (I can't remember which one), saying that
it is "...the most toxic substance known."  I hope that the station
remembers this when they cover the next plutonium story.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP (karam.1@osu.edu)
Office of Radiation Safety
The Ohio State University
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212

Phone: (614) 292-1284   Fax: (614) 292-6404	Alt fax:   292-7002