Re: Why nuclear is a "no-win" in the USA -Reply

Hello

First of all, I didn't "castigate" anyone....By the way, I had to
look that one up.....at first glance I thought you meant I went
around mutilating men.....but I looked up castigate, and it means
severely criticize.....see what I mean?

I don't profess to know how to educate the public....like with any
other issue, the public only seems to get excited when something is
going wrong.

I think part of the problem with communicating with the public is
that we might talk to them in the same manner in which we speak with
the regulators, ie, when we have a release we may say "yeah, there's
a release, but it's below the regulatory limits"....to a regulator,
that may suffice, but to the facility's neighbors, it may not!

Or perhaps we're hesitant to make public comments...because as we all
know, our comments are ours alone and have not been reviewed nor
approved by our employers....or something like that....

Ron Amoling
amolingr@joslab.harvard.edu