Reply to: RADSAFE digest 1519

Last friday, on NPR's Science Friday, the topic was, the 'Cassini
Project', which is the Saturn launch that's created a bit of a furor
because of it's nuclear generator.
There was a representative from NASA, an individual from the HPS
(president Otto G. Raabe), and also one opponent, a Myshio Kocku (?sp),
who is a nuclear physicist.
The show was a delight to hear. The NASA/HPS team scored many points for
the side of the Cassini mission. Myshio Kocku (?sp),who I used to listen
to on radio back in New York City, kept trying to explode the information
presented, sometimes by rudely interrupting the speakers presenting their
points.
All in all, I think that it was a good day for science; the
Cassini mission in particular, and the public education in general.
Although, I think that the protestors, (Myshio included) would still not
be convinced.
Frank P. Dawry
Medical Physics
dawry.frank@miami.va.gov